About My Local Dentists
At My Local Dentists, we aim to restore your smile’s beauty using state-of-the-art procedures! We establish enduring relationships with our Putney patients based on trust and mutual investment in each other’s lives – not just dental health. We are your dental health professionals and want you to be confident that you’re in good hands. You can trust us confidently, knowing that our dental team is highly skilled and trained. We always put our patient’s needs first.
At our dental clinic, we aim to give every patient who comes in a positive dental experience. We value our patients and their dental health, no matter how long it’s been since their last appointment.
Why choose us?
What treatments are available at our dental centre?
A veneer is a thin, custom-made layer of porcelain that fits over the front surface of a tooth. It can repair worn or chipped teeth, align uneven and crooked teeth, and cover discoloured teeth.
A cosmetic dental crown is a protective covering that fits over an existing tooth to restore its function and look. It looks natural and can enhance your smile.
Teeth whitening is a perfect way to improve your look with minimal effort. You can get a brighter smile for special occasions, and the process is safe, budget-friendly, and straightforward.
Dental implants look like your natural teeth and function the same. They’re a permanent solution to tooth loss that works for most patients. With dental implants, you’ll be able to eat, speak, and smile confidently again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should you do to get rid of bad breath?
To prevent or decrease bad breath:
- Adjust your diet. Foods such as onions and garlic can contribute to bad breath, so avoid them if you want fresh-smelling breath. Also, eating sugary foods is associated with bad breath, so it’s best to restrict your sweet intake.
- Schedule regular oral checkups. See our dentist regularly to have your dentures or teeth cleaned.
- Brush your teeth after you eat. Ensure to brush at least twice a day, especially after you eat, using fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Brush your tongue. The presence of bacteria on your tongue can cause bad breath, so it’s essential to brush it daily.
- Floss at least once a day. Flossing correctly eliminates plaque and food from between your teeth, fighting against bad breath.
- Clean dental appliances. Make sure to clean your mouth guard, denture, or bridge at least once a day. If you’re unsure how best to clean it, ask our dentist for a recommendation.
Why do gums bleed?
The primary reason for bleeding gums is plaque accumulation along the gum line. This can eventually lead to a condition called gingivitis, or inflamed gums. When plaque isn’t removed, it will turn into tartar. This leads to gum disease and increases bleeding.
There are other causes of bleeding gums, such as:
- Improper flossing
- Brushing too hard
- Ill-fitting dental appliances
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Any bleeding disorders
Where can I find your dental practice?
Putney patients will be delighted to know that our West Ryde dental clinic is just 2.7 km from Putney. Our dental services include cosmetic dental treatments, orthodontics, wisdom teeth removal, teeth whitening, cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, and more. Looking for quality and affordable dental treatment? Contact us now.