When it comes to whitening teeth, you have a few different options. Over-the-counter products are available but results can be limited. At-home whitening kits are extremely popular and effective, but results vary among individuals. Neither of these is a quick solution but if you want to know how to whiten teeth quickly there is really only one option— and that’s with chairside teeth whitening treatments carried out at your local dental practice.
One of the main benefits of going to the dentist for teeth whitening is that they can use stronger products than what is available over the counter. Therefore your teeth will be whiter and brighter in a shorter amount of time. However, one of the other major benefits is safety.
How to Whiten Teeth Safely?
When you opt for in-office teeth whitening treatments carried out by an experienced dentist:
- You’ll know that the process is safe because it is being carried out by a healthcare professional. Over-the-counter tooth whitening kits don’t always have stringent testing and quality control standards, so they can sometimes contain harmful chemicals or allergens that might cause side effects like skin rashes—or even chemical burns on your gums and tongue if used incorrectly.
- For ultimate peace of mind, you will receive a full consultation and the dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure that you do not have tooth decay or active gum disease. Teeth whitening can cause permanent damage to teeth and gums if your mouth isn’t in the best of health. So A pre-whitening check-up is important.
- Dentists keep up with the latest advancements and practices in dental hygiene and are aware of which treatments work best.
- You get a chance to ask the professionals their opinion and to ask questions about any concerns that you have.
The chairside teeth whitening process
Chairside or in-office teeth whitening is a fantastic option for anyone wanting to have that top-tier Hollywood smile without the hassle. Here are the steps that are followed when getting teeth whitening by your dentist.
- The dentist will clean your teeth to remove any plaque or tartar. A rubber or plastic guard is fitted in the mouth to keep it open, and a barrier is applied to protect the gums and soft tissues in your mouth.
- The dentist applies a hydrogen peroxide-based gel to your teeth.
- In some cases the gel will be activated by a special light that only targets the surface of your tooth enamel, keeping your gums safe from harsh chemicals or heat damage.
- When the gel is applied or activated, it will start to break down and release oxygen molecules that will penetrate your tooth enamel and fill in gaps and stained areas, giving you a whiter smile!
- The process is repeated several times until you achieve the desired level of whiteness.
With the process taking no longer than one hour, this is how to whiten teeth quickly and effortlessly.
How to Whiten Teeth Quickly – The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for the quickest and most effective type of teeth whitening treatments then in-office teeth whitening is it. You can be sure that all safety protocols are observed and that the dentist has checked for suitability. If you’d like to find out more about teeth whitening and whether it will work for you, get in touch and schedule an appointment with My Local Dentists today. In just one hour you will walk out with a brighter, whiter smile than you initially came in with.
Colgate: Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Verywell Health: – Possible Side Effects of Teeth Whitening Explained
WebMD: What Is Tartar? – 6 Tips To Control Build Up